Eat Drink KL: S+I Dining, Bangsar

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

S+I Dining, Bangsar

With Oasis on the wall and Feeder on the speakers, S+I rings true as a Crown culinary colony, bringing British fare to Bangsar, prepared by a UK-born chef, served by a warmly enthusiastic multinational team.

Fun fact: S+I refers to the restaurant's husband-and-wife founders, chef Simon Stevens and Malaysian Intan Yusoff.

If you've been missing London pub grub, S+I seeks to satisfy those cravings with crowd favourites like fish and chips, featuring lightly sweet ginger-beer-battered cod fillet plus a heap of proper chips and mint-crushed peas (RM43), and the match-day delight of chicken Balti pie, saucy and mildly spicy, rounded out with buttery mashed potatoes and broccoli (RM36).

Weekend roasts are available on Sunday - the sirloin is generously portioned with thick, succulent slices, complete with Yorkshire pudding, beef dripping roasted potatoes, braised red cabbage, honeyed carrots, cheesy cauliflower, broccoli and extra gravy for a groovy RM54.

S+I British Restaurant & Bar
17, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2201-6051

This post first appeared on eatdrinkkl.com