Wednesday, July 15, 2009

El Cerdo @ Changkat Bukit Bintang

Click here for previous review of El Cerdo (March 25).

The peak season for white asparagus seems to be ending, but El Cerdo still has some fresh-tasting ones. Marvelous when rolled with Serrano ham.

Ham knuckle "Berliner Eisbein," cured in brine for two weeks to make the meat more flavourful, then boiled to tender, juicy perfection. A nice change from the crispy pork knuckles that dominate most other Western outlets.

El Cerdo,
Changkat Bukit Bintang.
Tel: 2145-0511

This restaurant is available for bookings under TABLEAPP, which enables customers to make instant reservations at Malaysia's top restaurants, while saving time and money in the process. Reserve your table at this restaurant by clicking here.
Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

11 comments:

  1. OH... The ultimate Babi Shrine along Changkat Bukit Bintang. The owner is very friendly German Spanish guy and the food gorgeous! That reminds me. My housemates are muslims and sometimes I have to ditch them if I need a babi fix, which is like soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. am imagining the soft sweet taste of that cured boiled ham.. shhh.. dont snap me out of mah fantasy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely a pork heaven... heard my friends raved about this place for n-times but still have not made my way here... sigh!!!
    When beef and lamb is out of reach, the next best alternative is PORK!!! Maybe I will just come here for lunch instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sean,
    have you gone to The Wok with thenomadGourmand???
    Please read my posting first ok???
    If you think that he's over the line, just help me promote to your friends... u know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berliner Eisbein... wondrous mid-week fantasy has a new name!! Thanks Sean! I now have to endure just two more days of mediocre mall eats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. android: nothing like sinking one's teeth into a pig! and to think i didn't eat pork until i was in my twenties...
    ciki: gosh, u're having too many food fantasies!
    leo: el cerdo is good, but don't let the hype raise your expectations too high! i'll be popping to the wok tonite. will see how it goes. so sorry u were a victim of those comments.
    550ml: mall eats can be good if u're at the right mall! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sean, would like to seek advise from u.

    I am now planning to go for German cuisine for my fren's birthday.
    N it seems like a lots of choices.
    I had come along with el cerdo, weissbrau n bavarian bierhaus.
    I was wondering would u pls give me some advise.
    Thanks.

    Supreme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Supreme: I think el Cerdo is the best choice out of the three, since it has a celebration atmosphere on most evenings. But it's also a bit more expensive compared to the other two...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. Any others recommendation other than d three i mentioned? Probably budget wise as we r all still students.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. supreme: not really. maybe deutsche haus at damansara heights, but that has more of a pub atmosphere...

    ReplyDelete