Saturday, October 30, 2010

Re:LeX

This no-frills cafe, with very friendly service, is part of Empire Subang's Lifestyle Experiential Center (LeX), an electronics store.

The center is best-known for the "LeX Slide," a five-story-high spiral slide that whooshes customers 50 meters down from the mall's top floor to its lowest level.

This 15-ringgit thrill ride takes less than 10 seconds; it's lots of fun but reasonably tame _ nowhere near as harrowing as a roller coaster.

Back to Re:LeX. Malaccan chicken rice balls are a highlight here. A bit less fresh-tasting and flavorsome than the ones back in my hometown, but still satisfactory.

Chocolate chip cookies. Crisp, but kinda lacking in chocolatey richness.

Apple crumble. Warm bites of squishy comfort food for people with a sweet tooth.

Moist, creamy cheese cake. To be safe, we ate these only AFTER we went on the slide.

Re:LeX Cafe,
Empire Shopping Gallery, Subang.
Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

16 comments:

  1. That picture looks kinda like a candid shot of the security guard getting rid of an unwanted visitor via the rubbish chute... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lfb: hmph. my only grouse is that this mall doesn't seem to have an elevator. so if you wanna go back up to the top floor after sliding down, you'll have to use the escalators all the way. such hardship :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wait. You mean YOU were that unwanted visito down the rubbish chute? So sorry ya. Can't see the face ma... Could be anyone... *sniggers*

    And oi, some of us actually walk up stairs instead of taking all these escalators, elevators, rubbish chutes and what not... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. lfb: back when i first moved to my apartment, i used to walk up the 14 flights of stairs to my floor, a few nights a week after returning from work/dinner, just for exercise. but that was years ago, and i was a younger, fitter lad then :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have difficulties ever imagining you a lad. Young and fit, maybe, but you always seem to professional and swishy to be a lad, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! U did the ride! Wheee! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. lfb: if u can't imagine me as a lad, how will u ever picture me as a bloke? :P
    tng: a short but sweet experience, heheh :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Different ma. Lad is more kid to me. Bloke could be a beer-guzzling fler, hey, kinda like you! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. lfb: i where got guzzle beer wan. with me, it's mainly wine, wine, wine, all the way home. what's the word for a wine-sipping man, i wonder :P anyways, the driving license photo i carry is of me at 17 years old. proof of, ermm, ladlihood indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladlihood? Now what's the likelihood of this word being used? (Or that driving license being believed, for that matter?) :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. lfb: i happen to think i look good on my driving license (aside from the terrible side-parting hairdo) ... fresh-faced and ermm, virginal :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aiya, I no doubt you look good... on that driving license. But the disparity between a picture and reality... come on, the years must tell the truth, no?

    P.S. Side-parting not as bad as centre-parting... I am so glad I have no photographic evidence of my hairdo disasters. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. lfb: hmmm, ppl have said that it barely looks like me anymore. wonder if jpj will EVER force me to change it, or whether i can continue using it for the next few decades :D
    p.s. NONE at all? surely school yearbooks will tell otherwise :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess JPJ rather kind on you lah. Must be your charm. :P

    P.S. No way you can even track down a copy. I dah burn semua. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. so you went on the slide? I saw it the last time and was tempted to have a go but sis says it's a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lfb: can renew online each time mah. no need to meet with jpj officials at all :D
    p.s. wasn't i also a student at your school during my form 6 era? am sure i can dig up my copies :P
    eiling: ya, it's a very short-lived thrill for RM15, but still a nice experience :D

    ReplyDelete