Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wondermilk @ Citta

Concluding our Citta Mall trilogy, we sought sweet succor at Wondermilk after our back-to-back meals at Baci and Gourmandis fell far short of spectacular.

Hello Milo & Very Very Very Chocolate "cuppacakes." This is Wondermilk's second cafe, even more charming than its original outlet at Damansara Uptown, with a terrific service team that knows its food and keeps the smiles coming.

Cookies & Cream Dream, with Peanut Butter Jelly Wonder. Since these are smaller than the ones at Bisou, Cupcake Chic and other outlets, the RM4.50 cost per piece might seem steep at first. But they're much denser, fresh and superbly moist.

Rocky Road & Chocolate Cheese Surprise. The real surprise for first-timers might be that these taste less cloyingly sugary than many other cupcakes, though they remain filled with flavor.

"Foxy" Red Velvet & John "Lemon." Cute names for cute cupcakes.

S'mores. Not something we see on a menu often _ crackers sandwiched with warm chocolate & marshmallows. Messy but marvelous.

Mocha cookies. Not bad, but not the highlight of teatime here.

Toffee & macadamia-flavored milk beverages to end on a satisfying note, thankfully.




+Wondermilk Cafe,
Citta Mall, Ara Damansara.
Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

14 comments:

  1. damansara is not my region but boy, those cupcakes looks really delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you manage to pack so much in? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. d one in d'sara uptown used to sell clothing.. wonder if this outlet does the same?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle: I think they do delivery too! Their website should have details :D
    Baby sumo: it was difficult, since there were only two of us! by the end of this, we were really stuffed! =)
    Nell: oooh, I didn't notice it here, but there's definitely enough space for them to sell clothes if they want to :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my oh my! Sugar overdose! I'm in love with the Cookies and Cream Dream!! SO yummy with an oreo on top! But the macadamia milk.. perhaps not my cup of tea. Is it anything like almond milk (which I don't like :P) ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. iamthewitch: oh yeah, i love all the cupcakes here! they're all dainty in size, so it's easy to finish at least two pieces in five minutes! :D my friend actually had the macadamia milk, so i didn't manage to taste it, heheh =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get myself to a Wondermilk. From what I've seen and read so far, I'm attracted by their kitsch marketing and menu. Gotta try the cakes, the ones you had looked yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hungry female: oh yeah, I'd say they're both style AND substance :D I'm actually easy to please though, so take all my reviews with a pinch of salt =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha.. never liked WM at all.. hehe..time to re-try perhaps?
    Would u rate Hummingbird & Bel Jee better?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tng: interestingly enough, I didn't find WM's cupcakes memorable the first time I had them at damansara uptown. but somehow, the ones here this time were yummier than expected. Different from hummingbirds, etc, cos the ones here are smaller and denser and not as sweet. I kinda liked the ones here better, in that sense =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweetness overdose. So did you try everything on the menu already?!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. eiling: notchet! they probably have nearly two dozen cupcakes on display! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to have to disagree with the "superbly moist" comment. I tried Wondermilk for the first time 2 days ago and it was way below average, gritty buttercream and dry cake :( I was very disappointed. Maybe they were having a bad day?

    P.S-I love your site! I'm new in KL so love being able to read restaurant reviews. Can't wait to visit some of them! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fridayswithcoco: yikes, i hate gritty buttercream and dry cake too. not sure whether quality control is a problem for their different outlets, but if you do try them again, i hope it'll be a better experience next time. and thanks for your kind words; very much appreciated! :D

    ReplyDelete