Sunday, December 19, 2010

G.H. Mumm Champagne House

France, Part I: Booze-lovers visiting Paris should consider a day trip to the province of Champagne in France's northeast, where this sparkling wine is exclusively produced.

G.H. Mumm, one of the world's largest champagne producers, offers enlightening tours of its underground cellars, where the champagne is stored.

Learn about the grapes used in champagne _ Pinot Noir, Chardonnay & Pinot Meunier _ as well as the long and complicated process of making it.

Bottles and bottles of bubbly, as far as the eye can see.

And at the very end, to save the best for last: champagne tasting. The 'demi-sec' variety is sweeter and easier to drink than the 'brut.'


G.H. Mumm Champagne House,
Reims, France.
Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

8 comments:

  1. Cis! I was so excited when I saw this post pop up on my blog side bar - tot this place just opened in Kl or something. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. J: yikes, sorry, heheh. It's 10,000 kilometers away, unfortunately ... I wish it were in KL too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried Mumm before. :D I don't drink but my dad always bring home samples and all of us are forced to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle: ooh feel free to send over any samples ... I'd be happy to try 'em! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so lucky. I'm now on my way to Paris in the train but no GH mumm :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. eiling: a train ride through europe sounds really romantic! but i'm sure u'll get to drink some great champagnes and wines in paris :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i think i saw this place featured in an episode of Amazing Race. Such an unreal experience

    ReplyDelete
  8. qwazymonkey: ooh i've actually never watched amazing race before. but i'll try to find that episode on youtube, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete