Monday, March 14, 2011

Lust

A short stroll from Changkat Bukit Bintang, Lust tries to combine the best elements of dining and clubbing under one roof. Not an original concept, but they deserve a solid B for effort, even though there is a sterile, antiseptic feel here in the harsh light of day.

The menu is a mishmash of Western & Spanish favorites, running the gamut from steaks to seafood. We liked the tapas, which included these roasted red peppers stuffed with salted cod mash _ a comfort-foodish recipe, both sweet and savory. And this vivid shade of scarlet is what best represents the scorching heat of lust, right?

Baby squid with Andalusian sauce. Bouncy, briny cephalopods (say that 10 times fast), with a moderately tangy kick from the tomato-based sauce.

Air-dried tuna with Manchego cheese on toasted baguette. Not bad, but forgettable. We'll be back to check out the paella someday (and maybe the lamb meatballs too).

Potent shooters, well worth sampling: 1-800-****-You (gold tequila, tasbasco, salt) & Liquidation (butterscotch, baileys).

Killa-Jager (jagermeister, tequila) & B52 (kahlua, baileys, cointreau).



Lust,
One Residency, Jalan Nagasari, Kuala Lumpur.
Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

21 comments:

  1. ****? lol.

    I love the look of the baby squid! I have a soft spot for squids actually. teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle: I love squid head and tentacles! Always have, always will :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Bouncy, briny cephalopods (say that 10 times fast)"

    Eeks. Not sure if I can imagine saying "cephalopods" slowly, much less the entire phrase! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bouncy, briny cephalopods.. lol I'm struggling at 1 time.

    Why the drinks name so vulgar one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant even pronounce "cephalopods"..
    Ggrrrr..rr.rr ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMmm. Kahlua-baileys-cointreau sounds like a really yummy mix. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lfb: a flexible tongue has many uses (and not merely for pronouncing tongue-twisters. Ahem) :P
    Baby Sumo: Heheh, but the toughest tongue-twister ever is 'soldier's shoulder.' try that five times fast :D I must admit I like ordering shooters with names like cocksucking cowboy and quick fuck =)
    Tng: I hope I spelled it right! My spelling's awful :D
    J: ya, I have a weakness for bailey's. Or basically most milky cocktail mixes :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, can't disagree with that. One wonders what else Sean might do with that flexible tongue? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. lfb: this isn't an age-appropriate forum to discuss the talents of my tongue! though i can mention one thing that my tongue CAN'T do: tie a knot in a cherry stem! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, me neither. Though I have tried it at least on two occasions. Mostly I just survived the attempts without choking on that cherry stem! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. lfb: i can't even roll my tongue or roll my 'r's ... it's not in my genes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. How does one roll one's 'R's anyway? Down the slope, one would imagine. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. lfb: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ROFL. One would imagine that'd be a sound one makes not with the tongue but a throat aroused by certain activities? :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. lfb: hmmmmm, one wonders what it is that arouses the throat to produce such a peculiar sound (i must declare that not even the consumption of foie gras 'arouses' my throat that way) :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Lust! Did you feel aroused? hehe.. the Baby squid looked quite tempting but the baguette looked pretty normal.. But I'm definitely attracted to the name of this place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. iamthewitch: ya, i love the name of this place too! just one word, four letters, but catchy enough to remember and meaningful enough to evoke all sorts of reactions, heheh :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1-800-****-you - so creative la! but how to order that drink?!! maybe just tell the waiter, I would love a "f*** you" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. eiling: if i were a bit more drunk, i might say that! but need to get me tipsy first :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. this building seems to be very happening these days eh?

    ReplyDelete
  21. babe_kl: ya, and there's still some more space for other outlets to open if necessary! heheh :D

    ReplyDelete