Saturday, July 9, 2016

Double Park, Mr You, Thai Up & Trellis Thai Kitchen

A round-up of several Asian restaurants that have permanently closed before we managed to write about them. Now defunct, Double Park served snacks like Taiwanese fried sausages & Hong Kong curry fish balls. Its outlet was at SS2 Petaling Jaya.

Mr You served serviceable Japanese fare: bowls of mixed sashimi & vegetables in an unconventional twist on bibimbap, a variety of sushi, pork cutlets, & light nibbles like grilled corn with butter. Mr You ran for some months in Solaris Mont Kiara.

Thai Up was once The Gardens' no-fuss stop for pad thai & fried rice with chicken; not bad for a straightforward mall meal.

Trellis Thai Kitchen had a fun menu of Thai fusion fare - nachos with a green chilli dip, spaghetti with green curry chicken, steamed salmon fillet with lime & chillies, oyster omelettes, & plenty of stir-fries & curries. Trellis Thai Kitchen was at 10 Semantan in Damansara Heights.

Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness gracious me!!! The bacon wrapped sausages! You did that on purpose, I know - eeeeeee...the images going through my head. Muahahahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suituapui: I shudder to imagine! :p

      Delete
    2. I tried Thai Up, did not like it
      https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/night-after-night/
      and with countless eateries at Gardens & Mid Valley, I sure would not bother going back there again...and the food at Trellis sure does not look quite like Thai to me, CONfusion, eh?

      Delete
    3. Suituapui: I think thai up still managed to survive for a few years, so it probably had its fans. I thought the food was OK, though you're right that it wouldn't rank among my top picks at mid valley either ;) Trellis was fusion, ya, though I don't mind fusion, since I feel that such experiments can help to widen our horizons :D

      Delete
  2. Double-Park kinda sucked balls for me, so good riddance :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SC: heh, ok ;) i only tried a couple of items, and they were ok for me, but i wouldn't have returned for me ;)

      Delete