Friday, August 18, 2017

Okonomiyaki Konaya @ Sunway Giza Mall

Anatomy of an okonomiyaki: Konaya is dedicated to the art of making the Osaka-style savoury pancake, serving no fewer than 14 varieties, bolstered by pork, squid, prawns, mochi, cheese & more.

 The Buta-Modern (RM26.80) is blanketed with pork belly strips & a choice of soba or udon - grill it at your table's own teppan or have it painstakingly put together by Konaya's team. Japanese soul food doesn't come much hotter or heartier than this.

Okonomiyaki Konaya
G-07-B, Block D, Sunway Giza Mall, Kota Damansara, Selangor.

Stay up to date: The Eat Drink KL newsletter is sent by email to subscribers every Monday; it's the Klang Valley's foremost weekly round-up of new restaurant openings, F&B promotions & other tasty tidbits. Subscribe to Eat Drink KL Weekly for free via this following link: https://confirmsubscription.com/h/d/5106C196432BB23D

8 comments:

  1. Noodles and rice? Reminds me of the chow mien rice I had at the uni cafeteria in Plymouth, UK. I asked for the chow mien, I did not want the rice...but the English lady doing the serving insisted I must have both, not one without the other. Duhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suituapui: guess she wanted you to experience her recipe the way she means for it to be! ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've had a proper okonomiyaki before. The pairing of noodles and rice seems kinda odd to me though I'd imagine the noodles to be very crispy at the bottom. The fun of it would be to grill our own, I reckon ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact.ewew: i'm not really a major fan of okonomiyaki - but if you do plan to have one, make sure it's at a decent restaurant, cos otherwise, it might end up being quite unsatisfying :)

      Delete
    2. Stinky Fish: it's a B or B-minus ... could be better, could be worse ;)

      Delete
  3. It's good to knew there is a Okonimiyaki restaurant as I think there are not many here in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choi Yen: good for a rainy-day dinner maybe ;)

      Delete