Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Penang Nyonya Wok @ Off Old Klang Road

Economy rice with some Penang Nyonya influences: You'll find daily dishes galore for your chap fan fix (even after 2pm on a weekday), which may include everything from tau yew bak, cincalok pork, kapitan curry & loh bak to jiu hu char, taucheo chilli brinjals, sambal sotong & assam prawns for a satisfyingly tasty meal, with a complimentary soup, dessert & drink included in the reasonable price - our plate with a whole bunch of stuff thrown in was RM13. Basic Penang-inspired noodle bowls such as prawn mee (RM7; light & clean-tasting), loh mee & lam mee are also available.

Penang Nyonya Wok
112 Jalan Mega Mendung, Off Jalan Klang Lama, Kuala Lumpur. Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm.

9 comments:

  1. Can't see I am all that fond of the sight of the fried egg. :(

    RM13.00!!! *faints* But yes, you sure helped yourself to a whole lotta stuff. That is why I don't like these chap fan/nasi campur places - I would end up taking anything and everything. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suituapui: yeah, i have very little self-discipline, so that's what i ended up with on the plate! :D

      Delete
  2. Whoa....that is a fully-loaded plate of chap fan. I see you took your favourite pork belly (two ways) and eggs (two ways)...kekeke! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact.ewew: haha, yes, i had to have both ... but hopefully i balanced it all out with the greens :)

      Delete
  3. I will lost control, many dishes suit my taste bud, so dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choi Yen: haha, i also wanted to choose everything :D

      Delete
  4. I like Nyonya Food like this with so much varieties so that I could eat a bit of everything!! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight Man: yeah, nyonya food hits the spot for me too! :D

      Delete
  5. A great cozy place to enjoy Penang Nyonya dishes. I love the Hokkien Prawn Soup Mee and the Gulai Tumis Stingray with a good variety of other Nyonya favorites when I am there. Imagine I can get my favorite Perut Ikan here.... unbelievable huh!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete