Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hops & Grapes

Cyberjaya is a virtual desert with very few watering holes, but a sip of salvation can be savored at Hops & Grapes.

Pub grub all the way: the Beef Burger Pizza is a messy, thick-crust recipe _ bountiful with minced beef patties, olives & BBQ sauce. Flavorful, though not the most refined recipe around.

Spicy beef ribs. A little too chewy & bony to recommend, but we kinda enjoyed the spicy sauce heaped on the ribs.

Belgian chocolate ice cream with Bailey's. Rich & smooth, with a powerful infusion of liquor. The ice cream here is supplied by Buckets Artisanal Ice Cream.

Coffee ice cream with Kahlua. Every dessert should be like this one, he said. Hic!

Guinness Cider (savanna cider, guinness draught), alongside H&G Punch (dark & light rum, apricot brandy, pineapple, orange, guava, mango juice, grenadine syrup).


Hops & Grapes,
Cyberjaya.
Check out EAT DRINK, a new F&B website jointly run by The Expat Group (TEG) & Eat Drink KL. This website features all of our up-to-date reviews, plus exclusive weekly articles & a searchable database on restaurants in KL & Selangor: EatDrink.my

27 comments:

  1. Pub food but no porky flavours? How can? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenny: it's cyberjaya! it's as easy to find pork here as it is to find zebra meat :D

      Delete
    2. True enough. I guess that's why there's Dengkil nearby, for the porky fans in all of us. Tapi price of pork has gone up... tough days... :(

      Delete
    3. Kenny: ooh, I didn't realize dengkil does pork. I've only been there once, for work =) I didn't know pork prices have significantly risen either. Maybe it's just a temporary Chinese new year blip. Cross fingers, ya!

      Delete
  2. Oh I don't really go to pubs. If I do, I think I'll order coke ;)) unless I am recommended a nice drink :p

    And I would like to try that beef dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rad: i like pubs that are not too noisy or suspicious-looking. and pub food can be very hearty, for huge appetites :D

      Delete
    2. I would actually order beer... Again I would have to be in the right mood :p

      Delete
    3. Rad: heheh, i stay away from beer most of the time cos it makes me feel a bit bloated =)

      Delete
    4. Ooh just noticed the burger beef pizza! Soooo yummm!

      Delete
    5. Rad: yummy for the tummy!

      Delete
  3. The chairs have a Scottish feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby Sumo: ooh, ya, i was thinking there's a UK influence, but wasn't sure which country :D

      Delete
  4. the desserts looks sinfully delicious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smitten By Food: heh, there's always room for ice cream! :D

      Delete
  5. coffee ice cream with kahlua!! perfect combo. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle: ice cream is my favorite dessert, and yup, it's always made better with a bit of booze :D

      Delete
  6. Didn't know they did grub too... Perfect for the next time I'm stranded in the area. Them Martha Stewart chairs look way out of place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Min: here's hoping you don't get stranded in cyberjaya very often! heh :D

      Delete
  7. Hops and grapes! Love hearing those two words in a sentence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Yum List: music to my ears too! :D

      Delete
  8. Pork free pub is kinda halal right? hehehe. Haram to makan pork but ok to drink alcohol. *shake head*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missyblurkit: heh. I guess I'm just thankful that there is a pub in cyberjaya after all =)

      Delete
  9. Too far for me and I dun drink, pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CK: heheh, cyberjaya not that far! 30-minute drive from sri petaling only :D

      Delete
  10. the food looks greasy and messy. hmm.. not really that appetising. Presentation is really important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eiling: ya, i guess i would only eat here if i'm already in the area =)

      Delete